Views
Helpful
Replies

flex eg, show flex or flex-attach

stephen2615
Level 3
Level 3

Greetings,

Is there an idiots guide to what flex related commands mean to me? Perhaps my searching abilities are not the best but I would like to read someting in plain English what the flex related commands achieve. Mostly, this information needs to go to our architecture people.

I am trying to put switches into our HP C Class enclosures and our server ops people think that HP Virtual Connect is a better option. I feel as though the flex commands offer the same ease of replacement of Blades (or generally dude Mezzanine cards that mean replacement WWN's in my case) and much better capabilities.

Has anyone done a comparison on this?

Stephen

3 Replies 3

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day Stephen,

I'm not sure if you have seen "http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_3_x/configuration/guides/cli_3_4_x/flexattach.html"?

As far as a comparison at all I don't really have one and most places I've worked at were not to keen on it as lots of datacentre tasks were outsourced and physical security could not be not be "guaranteed" and some of the contractors had very bad habits of plugging the wrong cable in :\

Hope all is well!

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

Yeah, I knew about that link. I have looked at it a number of times and tried to compare it to Virtual Connect which I don't want. It seems like a great idea especially when I am the only person doing the job and I need a life and I can't get any staff. We don't have any outsourcing issues that you mentioned.. err..well not today.

Wanna come to Sunny Canberra and work for the Government?

Heya,

For the right price... of course! :)

Not sure about the sunny part however... ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: