cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how can i propagate Zoning from one Vsan to another Vsan ?

jjpeyrache
Level 1
Level 1

hi

trying to find in FM but didnt found,

my customer concerns is to migrate 1000 zones from Vsan 1 to Vsan 400

so it is possible without rebuilding all zoning informations in vsa400 ?

thanks in advance

JYP

7 Replies 7

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In later versions of 2.1 FM, you can right-click on the zoneset in the source vsan and select copy zoneset. Then in the windows that comes up, select full transfer and then source and destination vsan and it will copy it over. You cannot do partial copy.

thanks !!

jean-yves

it seems that old zoning are not removed from previous vsan so identical zoning are activated on both vsan ?

is it a normal behavior ?

can be dangerous for customer environement ?

thanks

JYP

I would think it be best to have the administrator determine what is an 'old zone' versus 'new zone' or a 'needed zone' versus 'unused zone'. Thus, if you do or don't want a zone, it's up to the administrator to configured the switch appropriately.

that is strange MDS software agree to have same zone names enable on several differents vsan

i' thought when copied from original Vsan to new Vsan zoneset set was deactived automatically from original Vsan ?

i don't clearly understand the logic of that ?

thanks in advance

JYP

No, the names of the zones and zonesets are irrelevant. The vsan serves as the boundry function so the zones and zonesets are separate. I would think most persons would be upset if the MDS enforced a deactivation of a zoneset.

ok thanks