interoperability cisco and brocade

migvzla3011
Level 1
Level 1

i need to integrate two fabric in only one fabric, two switch are

cisco MDS 9216I and 9216a, and other fabric are two brocade 4100,

both fabric currently are in prodution, i need to know what is the

best procedure for to do this interoperability Between cisco and

brocade with the less posible disruption.

i believe that the best mode is interop 3, so i need to do a merge between the two fabric and to unify the two configurations, could you give me your recomendation in this case? atach to this post is the two suportshow

and a graph of the solution.

thank you for your help

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You can run native BRCD interop mode 2/3 with the MDS. You would need interop mode and we all know that Brocade does not really like doing it with Cisco and might not even support that config. IVR is not possible as the switch is a 9124 that is not capable of that feature. One switch would become the principal switch so that means the two can't really be managed by different organisations.

I would find another way of sharing the data especially if the "customers" want their own management facility. RBAC is possible in some way or another on both switches (if you believe Brocade) but it is not a good solution.

Hi migvzla3011,

you must work on the Cisco site with Mode 3, and the Brocade core must be set with "PID 1"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: