Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Services Module

Hi,

Anybody knows what happens with the 8-port IP Services Module for combining iSCSI and FCIP in the MDS 9000 Family?

Is Cisco going to leave iSCSI technology?

In the next information:

"Table 1: Cisco MDS 9000 Family Supported Hardware Modules and Minimum Software Requirements" From the document "Release Notes for the Cisco MDS 9000 Family for Cisco MDS SAN-OS Release 1.0(1), there isn't any referece to the Gigabit Module."

4 Replies 4

bstremp
Level 2
Level 2

According to the document :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/ps4159/ps4358/prod_release_note09186a00801179b2.html

The hardware components supported on the Cisco MDS 9000 Family, does not list the 8 port gigabit module. So I guess it is not supported.

It may not show up in the supported products list because I don't beleive it's been released yet -- we're anxiously awaiting two so that we can roll them into our evaluation environment.

The "Cisco MDS 9500 Series Highlights" document shows the IP services module on page 4.

The IPS-8 blade for the MDS was announced at SNW and again at N+I

It won Best in Show at N+I, It' is a very cool product and will beat any expectations you have about IP and SCSI. Orderability will be turned on soon, talk to your local Cisco SE/AM and they can get you info.

It IS a very cool product. U can do fabric merge with FCIP, which is quite impossible previously.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: