Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Is flogi database retrievable via SNMP on 9500 platform?

Let me start by stating that I'm not a storage guy and I know very little about storage or storage-related terminology see please be kind.  However, we're going to be moving a data center in a few weeks and I'm working on crafting a script which will help us verify that everything is put back together on the other end correctly.  I've worked out the portion of the script that verifies CDP information, routing table information, OSPF and BGP neighborships, etc but I'm stuck on the MDS-connected devices.  Here's some output from the CLI of our MDS:

`show flogi database `

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INTERFACE        VSAN    FCID           PORT NAME               NODE NAME

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fc4/11           21    0x151d00  21:00:00:1b:32:9b:61:88 20:00:00:1b:32:9b:61:88

[H-UIT2MGMT2_HBA1]

fc4/12           21    0x152200  21:00:00:1b:32:9c:7b:32 20:00:00:1b:32:9c:7b:32

[UIT2FNCSHR1_HBA1]

fc4/13           21    0x150d00  21:00:00:1b:32:9b:fb:8e 20:00:00:1b:32:9b:fb:8e

[H-UIP2APP1_HBA1]

If I were to go into vSphere and look at the storage configuration for H-UIT2MGMT2 I would find this same information (NODE NAME) and map what I see in vSphere to what I see in this output and determine that H-UIT2MGMT2 is, in fact, attached to fc4/11.  However, I'd prefer to do this using SNMP and scripting.  However, I've walked the entire MIB tree and I cannot find this unique NODE NAME data which would enable me to map it to a physical port on the MDS.  I've built scripts in the past which were able to retrieve MAC information from switches.  This would be a very similar concept.  Any ideas?

Regards,

Steven

Views
Helpful
Replies