cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a connected WWN list in a Nexus?

ebrandertsa
Level 1
Level 1

On a Nexus I'm looking for an equivilent to a MAC address table listing but for WWN for true FC ports. Essentially I want to know the exact WWN of a connected device so I can document and confirm what device is connected to which port. For ethernet I could simply look at the MAC address table and see which MAC address was detected on  a particular port.

TIA,

Eric Brander

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m-donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Eric - Is this nexus switch with FCoE or FC connected hosts?

In my enviroment with FCoE I would use: show flogi database

If doing FCoE you'll get the interface (vfc#), vsan, fcid, pwwn and device alias (if used). If you name your vfc/po in a creative way you can create some logic to map them to a physical port/port channel.

For instance physcial port eth101/1/1 (this is port 1/1 on fex101) would map to port channel 1101 (fex101 port 1/1) and vfc1101. So port eth105/1/16 would be po1516 and vfc1516.

-marc

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

m-donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Eric - Is this nexus switch with FCoE or FC connected hosts?

In my enviroment with FCoE I would use: show flogi database

If doing FCoE you'll get the interface (vfc#), vsan, fcid, pwwn and device alias (if used). If you name your vfc/po in a creative way you can create some logic to map them to a physical port/port channel.

For instance physcial port eth101/1/1 (this is port 1/1 on fex101) would map to port channel 1101 (fex101 port 1/1) and vfc1101. So port eth105/1/16 would be po1516 and vfc1516.

-marc

True FC, not FCOE - that said, that command seems like it might be right. I'll check with the storage admin and confirm.

Thanks!

Yep, that was it even for true FC ports. Thanks again!