Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MDS 9124 Performance

I've been monitoring the performance of my MDS 9124 FC switch and have some concerns. The transmission rates are peaking at over 700 MB/s when the port is only rated at 400 MB/s on the 4Gb switch. Is this normal or does it indicate a problem?

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: MDS 9124 Performance

That doesn't sound right to me....on a single port, the through put should max at 400MB. You not looking at a port-channel by any chance are you? Sounds like it might be reporting a combination of 350MB ingress and 350MB egress.

Attached is an excel speadsheet with data collected from the Fabric Manager performance monitor.

Check to see if the counters are in 64bit, I have seen 32 bit counter wrap to graph the data and give readings like this.

From memory the mrtg cfg file needed to have something like this

Target[10.50.45.34_fc1_1]: #fc1/1:public@10.50.45.34:::::2

by default I the configuration file had

Target[10.50.45.34_fc1_1]: #fc1/1:public@10.50.45.34

Cisco Employee

I would suggest opening a case with Cisco TAC, or your MDS support provider and request it be investigated. I believe it's cosmetic...and I would use the command line to monitor the situation.

Excluding FM out of the equation what performance do you see from CLI?

Use

sh int fcx/x count br

If this also shows 700MB/s then it is a SAN OS issue not FM.

400MB/S is just a average value in 5min .

Views
Helpful
Replies