cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS 9134 and MS IAS Server Authentication

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

I have my MDS 9134 switches working with MS IAS server for radius authentication. What I cant do is get into the Admin role with IAS authentication. Does anybody know what parameters I need to pass through IAS to login to the MDS 9134 switches using the "admin" role?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Not sure on how to make the IAS server send through the role information but....

You need to send through the cisco-avpair value of 'shell:roles="network-admin"'

where network-admin is the default "admin" role.

Cheers

Andrew

View solution in original post

I have attached an MS Word Document showing the approximately 50 steps to complete to set the Cisco-av-pair. Note that you are using custom roles, the role must exist in the MDS, or the user will default to 'network-admin' by design.

Hope this helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

inch
Level 3
Level 3

G'day,

Not sure on how to make the IAS server send through the role information but....

You need to send through the cisco-avpair value of 'shell:roles="network-admin"'

where network-admin is the default "admin" role.

Cheers

Andrew

I have attached an MS Word Document showing the approximately 50 steps to complete to set the Cisco-av-pair. Note that you are using custom roles, the role must exist in the MDS, or the user will default to 'network-admin' by design.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Got it all working, Thanks guys!