Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

MDS 9216i Problem

Hello All,

I am testing a MDS 9216i. I have never touched one of these boxes before so this is my first time. I grabbed 2 "notched" CAB-7k-AC power cables and im using my stadard Cisco Console setup. I powered up the box and the two power's are showing green ok led's and the Fan Status led shows green ok also. However I get no console output and the status led's on the "daughter card" and on the "module" are both red :(

Can anyone direct me as to what I am doing wrong? or is this just a broken unit?

Thanks in advance

Scott

3 REPLIES

Re: MDS 9216i Problem

Can you verify your console settings are

8 n 1

with no flow control ?

If that is correct, then I would try re-seating your modules, and then RMA.

--Colin

Silver

Yes sir, those are my console settings. I will try the re-seating of the modules.

I don't know why you don't get any console access but if this 9216i has a second gen card in it such as 24 or 48 port card and the SAN-OS is below 3.x, you will get nasty red lights. I had a brand new 9216i delivered with the 48 port card and the switch was quite upset with it. I finally figured out the issue and upgraded to 3.x and all was ok. No more red lights.

Use a laptop instead of a dumb terminal if you can as I never could get my Wyse 60 to work on the switches no matter what setting I tried.

HTH!!

Stephen

Views
Helpful
Replies