Helpful
Replies

MDS Call Home enhancement for ASIC Error on X-bar Interface

tlinzmaier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have setup Call home already on our MDS and it is working perfect,

but I want that this X-bar error gets also reported in Call Home.

What i have to do that the following event on a MDS 9513 are send out via Call Home to EMC or my email address.

2011 Nov 9 20:24:01 switchname %MODULE-4-MOD_WARNING: Module 7 (serial: xxxxx) reported warning due to X-bar Interface ASIC Error in device 70 (device error 0xc4602248)

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Filiph Westman
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

MODULE-4-MOD_WARNING was just added to callhome in release 5.0.4c and 4.2.7e (CSCtn32076).

-- filiph

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

This is really a Bug.

There is no workaround to get this, I think imported errors monitored, we using 4.2.3.

Hello

as there are also other enhancments done, I would recommend upgrading anyway (NX-OS 4.2.3 was released 2009). Please mark question as answered if you are satisfied with the answer.

-- filiph

Hello,

i am sad about the answer from Cisco (see below)

Unfortunately, it’s not possible yet, on any NX-OS version. 

Reason being is that the X-Bar actually never goes into a failed state.  The CS folks already are in the process of putting in an enhancement request specifically asking that ASIC errors on Fab modules set the state to failed and trigger an event.  They have seen this several times on various code versions, and brought it up again last month in the quarterly service review with Cisco.