Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MDS9216 & MDS9124 Fabric Switches interface stats. via SNMP

Dear All,

I am interested in monitoring the interface statistics (In/Out bytes) of MDS9216 & MDS9124 Fabric Switches via SNMP and have been researching on what OID (MIB) values shall i poll? Would anyone be able to help me please? I have looked at many places but the closest I could get is the IF-MIB MIB Interface which has ifTable giving ifInOctets and ifOutOctest per port !  I am not sure if this is what i am suppose to poll as the ifInOctets gives 'the total number of octets recieved on the interface' and not the traffic ? What i am interested in is knowing the traffic (rx / tx) on the port at the time of polling so i can poll them say every 5 min. and plot them via something like cacti.

Please let me know if any one has got any suggestion as I am not getting anywhere on this.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES

Re: MDS9216 & MDS9124 Fabric Switches interface stats. via SNMP

So many views but no answers yet

Re: MDS9216 & MDS9124 Fabric Switches interface stats. via SNMP

ifSpeed I see listed here :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/storage/san_switches/mds9000/sw/rel_2_x/fabricware/mibs/reference/guide/mibiiobj.html#wp1044690

not sure if that will give you what you need.  We use solarwinds to monitor our MDS's.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content