Views
Helpful
Replies

MDS9222I problem to connect EVA6100

a7_seven7
Level 1
Level 1

hI

i have one cisco MDS9222i with factory default configuration. i want to connect HP EVA6100 and HP MSL6030 Fibre channel drive to MDS9222i. also my management server is connected to MDS.MDS9222i ports are enable and up and detect as F port on connected ports to EVA6100 controller and MSL6030. Also i saw on MSL configuration that it detect as fabric port. But none of these devices can see management server. but when i connect directly EVA or MSL to management server i can see EVA or MSL. But it i not possible when they connect to MDS (fabric). so i want to know what is problem? is it for none compatibility between EVA6100 or MSL 6030 with cisco MDS9222i?

all MD ports is in vsan1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to create zone(s) to allow the devices to to talk to each other.

Have you done zoning in the past?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

Have you zoned the management server to the EVA?

Also, using VSAN1 for production stuff is not best practice.

Thanks

Steven

Hi

for now best practice is not my issue. i want to solve my problem first. MDS 9222i switch is in factory default configuration.So, i didnt define any zone. all ports are in VSAN1 and all ports mode is FX and operation mode is F. also,all ports are enabled but they can not work together. please help me what must i do?

You need to create zone(s) to allow the devices to to talk to each other.

Have you done zoning in the past?

Hi steven

Thank you very much for your help. finally after configuring zone and activate zoneset my problem solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: