cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New IVR zone

user_4444
Level 1
Level 1

We already have four IVR Zones in our Zoneset and I need to add two new Zones. Should I edit the Zone database and add the two new Zones or run the Wizard and follow the idoit proof steps? I'm happy to add/remove devices in the non-IVR setup but just wanted to know of any gotcha's in IVR world?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either way, just make sure you are making the changes to the VSAN zoneset or the IVR zoneset on a switch that has IVR enabled.

MDS1---MDS2---MDS3

VSAN1 IVR VSAN2

IVR is only enabled on MDS2 to IVR VSAN1 and VSAN2.

Make changes to VSAN1 local zoneset on MDS2.

Make changes to VSAN2 local zoneset on MDS2

Make changes to IVR zoneset on MDS2

The gotcha is that any zone change must be made on the IVR enabled switch, even if the change is only to the local zoneset.

Hope this helps,

Mike

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Either way, just make sure you are making the changes to the VSAN zoneset or the IVR zoneset on a switch that has IVR enabled.

MDS1---MDS2---MDS3

VSAN1 IVR VSAN2

IVR is only enabled on MDS2 to IVR VSAN1 and VSAN2.

Make changes to VSAN1 local zoneset on MDS2.

Make changes to VSAN2 local zoneset on MDS2

Make changes to IVR zoneset on MDS2

The gotcha is that any zone change must be made on the IVR enabled switch, even if the change is only to the local zoneset.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Thanks.

We have two switches in each fabric and all four switches are IVR enabled. Is that bad design?

Nope...that is not a bad design.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: