cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus and CNA Query.....

bradleyordner
Level 3
Level 3

I have a problem that has hopefully already been solved by someone out there.

I have a Brocade 1020 dual port CNA (Firmware v2.1.0.2) cabled to a Cisco Nexus 5020 (Firmware v.4.1.3.N1.1.)

At boot time I cannot manage to get the ports on the CNA to bring up the Nexus ports, so there is no access to its boot LUN.

However  when I boot using the Brocade live_cd_v2-1-0-2.iso I am not only able  to bring the Nexus ports live but also access the attached storage.

To  bring the ports live I must shut/ no shut on the Nexus, which is not  really adequate and I'm looking for a solution to this also.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Brad

3 Replies 3

Ozden Karakok
Level 1
Level 1

Brad,

Would you be considering to upgrade NX-OS code on your N5K to minimum 4.2(1)N2(1a) release if the issue is not fixed we could be analyzing it with the capturing debugs/traces with a TAC SR.

Thanks,

Ozden

Hi Ozden,

Thans for your reply. We have currently upgraded to 4.2.1.N2.1a.bin and has had no effect. We did upgrade further to Version 5 and all of our ports would not come up, so possibly the firmware on other CNA's cannot support the latest release.

We have also discoverd this which may be the cause?

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?brand=5000008&lndocid=MIGR-5084839

Thanks

Thanks Bradley,

We didn't qualify Brocade CNA on the Cisco Nexus 5000 series but as usual we could be pursuing this with following the standards on both vendor equipments, indeed the link you pointed out might be the issue.