cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

password recovery for mds

sarcher
Level 1
Level 1

I have never worked on a MDS switch and I am tasked with password recovery on a mds9216. Please clarify the following step outlined in the recovery document. What command will I use from the switch(boot)# to find the correct file to load?? I am thinking

dev

dir flash

switch(boot)#load bootflash:san-ios.img

3 Replies 3

tblancha
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be dir bootflash: and the load command would work only san-ios.img is there. More than likely it looks more like this format: m9200-ek9-mz.2.1.2e.bin

But, yes, you have it in a nutshell. This is a sample of what it looks like if you don't have a SAN-OS on the bootflash:

Switch(boot)# config t

Switch(boot)(config)# interface mgmt 0

Switch(boot)(config-mgmt0)# ip address 172.18.172.57 255.255.255.0

Switch(boot)(config-mgmt0)# no shut

Switch(boot)(config-mgmt0)# exit

Switch(boot)(config)# ip default-gateway 172.18.172.1

Switch(boot)(config)# exit

Switch(boot)# copy tftp:m9500-sf1ek9-mzg.1.2.0.96.bin bootflash:m9500-sf1ek9-mzg.1.2.0.96.bin

Switch(boot)# load bootflash:m9500-sf1ek9-mzg.1.2.0.96.bin

Thanks. I am starting a new job with a consulting company called Xtira which archives paper/xray documents into a SAN for Hospitals. I will be conducting surveys to support the archive process. Can you direct me to a white paper which outlines Cisco SAN design/deployment.

Thank-you,

Steve

Hi steve,

There is a document for CISCO -SAN Design,

just go thro,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5990/products_white_paper0900aecd8044c807.shtml

Rgs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: