Views
Helpful
Replies

Performance Manager Startup Error

jphilope
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All and Happy Holidays,

We are just starting up out 9509 Storage Directors and have licensed the Fabric Manager Server. Setting up flows using the Fabric Manager for performance monitoring goes according to the documents until we try to create the collection. The Performance Manager will not start.

When I check the log in the Fabric Manager, specifically the Performance Manager log, I get the following error: "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\MDS 9000\pm\C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\MDS 9000\pm\pm.xml (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)".

It appears to me there's a duplicate string in a config file somewhere that's providing an incorrect path to the appropriate.xml script. But where do I edit this to fix the problem. I've looked in all the .conf files, the .properties, and the .xml files I see and no where can I locate something obvious. Also, it will noit allow you to remove/reinstall. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,

Jim

2 Replies 2

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

Jim,

I have not seen this message before with PM but I know if you mess with the database .rrd or .xml it gets you in more trouble.

Are you running latest Java 1.5 ? And is this 2.1.2 FM/PM. If not you can upgrade just the FM with switches staying where they are. The Java is important also

I tried to find if just PM can be uninstalled by playing around on my lab system but only could find complete FM uninstall. Can you try loading FM on a differnt host that has not had FM before or is at least cleaned from past Cisco FM/DM app, to see if this is a file naming issue as you say.

I installed the m9000-fm-2.1.2c.jar on the server running the FM, and it fixed the problem. I guess there was a version mismatch between the FM and the PM, but that's a guess. My PM is now populated with hosts and storages, the graphs are there and I can create custom reports. I did have to reinstall the FM/DM client on my local PC, but, hey, it fixed the problem.

Everything is running according to design now.

Thanks for the response.