cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Port-Channel configuration on MDS 9148 for FI

Hi,

I have 2 MDS 9148 switches, from which i have to configure 2 ports in port-channel of each MDS switch. which is connected on Cisco Fabric Interconnect 6248UP. Whenever I configure port channel on MDS and same as on FI, the ports of both the devices gets down administratively.

I have enabled following features on MDS:

feature npiv
feature fport-channel-trunk

whereas the ports as configured as "nontrunking" as I have read that its shouldn't e trunk when NPIV is enables, because it was showing a error while creating a port channel as " port mode not compatible ".

Please guide me configuring the port channel.

Regards,

Ninad

Everyone's tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did you enable F port channel

Did you enable F port channel trunking on UCS ? (I assume your UCS is in FC end host mode, NPV)

Enabling Fibre Channel Uplink Trunking

Note

If the fabric interconnects are configured for Fibre Channel end-host mode, enabling Fibre Channel uplink trunking renders all VSANs with an ID in the range from 3840 to 4079 non-operational.

Procedure
    Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the SAN tab.
    Step 2  On the SAN tab, expand SAN > SAN Cloud.
    Step 3  Click the node for the fabric where you want to enable FC uplink trunking.
    Step 4  In the Work pane, click the General tab.
    Step 5  In the Actions area, click Enable FC Uplink Trunking.
    Step 6  If the Cisco UCS Manager GUI displays a confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
    1 REPLY

Did you enable F port channel

Did you enable F port channel trunking on UCS ? (I assume your UCS is in FC end host mode, NPV)

Enabling Fibre Channel Uplink Trunking

Note

If the fabric interconnects are configured for Fibre Channel end-host mode, enabling Fibre Channel uplink trunking renders all VSANs with an ID in the range from 3840 to 4079 non-operational.

Procedure
      Step 1  In the Navigation pane, click the SAN tab.
      Step 2  On the SAN tab, expand SAN > SAN Cloud.
      Step 3  Click the node for the fabric where you want to enable FC uplink trunking.
      Step 4  In the Work pane, click the General tab.
      Step 5  In the Actions area, click Enable FC Uplink Trunking.
      Step 6  If the Cisco UCS Manager GUI displays a confirmation dialog box, click Yes.
      Views
      Helpful
      Replies
      CreatePlease to create content