Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem whith server discovery

dan.agache
Level 1
Level 1

Hy,

I use a SN 5428 router whith a a storage. The SN 5428 see the storage LUNs. I put a server in other FC interface (I want to see the disks of the storage truth the SN 5428). The server use LP9002-L emulex. My problem is: the SN 5428 can' t see de server when I choose "show devices" command. The server say's that is loged in SN 5428.

Question: Where is the problem in the SN 5428 or in Server configuration?

4 Replies 4

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

The show devices command willl only report scsi-targets, the server is not a scsi-target . From the standpoint of the SN5428 as a initiator only cares about scsi-targets(storage) To see the other FC devices on the FCswitch in the SN5428 you can do many of the show fcswitch commands will help you look at just the FC Switch portion of the SN5428

Thanks. Your remark was helpful for me. The real problem was that I could ‘t sees the disks in w2k server. I tested this with linux server and the result was ok.

Thanks again for your help.

I have the same problem with not seeing any disks on a w2k server. Did you find a solution on that one.

I can see that I get logged in on the 5428 but on the client, status gives me ACTIVE and discover all the time.

I don´t think it should be in discover mode for very long time.

I had the same problem and you have to check the following config:

1) Open a terminal window on you Sn5428 to check if there are authen faillure.

2) Check the accesslist setting. On the SN5428 GUI if you choose none, it means that no server are able to reach your target.

Regards

Jean-Luc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: