Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper steps for reconfiguring FCIP tunnel

Hi - I have an active FCIP pipe that is running without compression and write acceleration. I'd like to experiment with these features. How should I go about activating these features. Do I need to down the fcip2 interface on both 9216i first or can I leave the interface up and just activate these features? Thanks a bunch!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Proper steps for reconfiguring FCIP tunnel

Compression can be enabled on the fly w/o disabling anything. However, the FC-WA will move the virtual FCIP interface down. Go ahead and do both sides and then re-enable the fcip interfaces. Be sure to check your replication schema is certified-IE, make sure FC-WA works for your traffic. Roughly speaking, The gain of using compression typically is lost when you are using over 45M of traffic.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Compression can be enabled on the fly w/o disabling anything. However, the FC-WA will move the virtual FCIP interface down. Go ahead and do both sides and then re-enable the fcip interfaces. Be sure to check your replication schema is certified-IE, make sure FC-WA works for your traffic. Roughly speaking, The gain of using compression typically is lost when you are using over 45M of traffic.

Also, to help in your testing you can display the compression stats with

One of the good guides to also follow is found at http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns378/c649/cdccont_0900aecd800ed146.pdf

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content