Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about SAN EXTENSION LICENSE

mstarita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I know that on the MDS-9222i the license SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP is embedded on the integrated supervisor blade and no license is required to use it on the fixed IP port.

The question is if I need to do something to enable it and if there is a command to check if it is enabled.

My Customer sent this output and seems that there is no SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP license enabled

FM_SERVER_PKG                                            permanent                                             Unused             never   

MAINFRAME_PKG                                            permanent                                             Unused             never   

ENTERPRISE_PKG                                           unlicensed      inGracePeriod                         Unused                        120 days

SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP                                        unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

SME_FOR_9222I_PKG                                      unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

SME_FOR_IPS_184_PKG                                  unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

STORAGE_SERVICES_184                               unlicensed      inGracePeriod                         Unused                        120 days

SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP_18_4                               unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP_IPS2                               unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP_IPS4                               unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

STORAGE_SERVICES_9222i                             unlicensed        inGracePeriod                Unused             120 days

STORAGE_SERVICES_SSN16                          unlicensed        inGracePeriod               Unused             120  days

STORAGE_SERVICES_ENABLER_PKG            unlicensed        inGracePeriod               Unused             120 days

It is normal?

Thks in adv,

Massimo

1 Reply 1

Galen Zhang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(SAN_EXTN_OVER_IP) means SAN extension over IP package for IPS-8 modules

as mentioned here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/mds9000/sw/4_1/configuration/guides/cli_4_1/lic.html

Also you can refer to this document

Cisco MDS 9000 SAN Extension over IP Package

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps6409/ps4358/product_data_sheet09186a00801cc917.html

License Information

This package is licensed on a per-engine, per-module basis. The number of licenses that a customer needs to purchase is equal to the number of engines to be enabled for the feature on the Cisco MDS 9000 16-Port Storage Services Node, or one license per Cisco MDS 9000 18/4-Port Multiservice Module in a switch. The Cisco MDS 9000 SAN Extension license features are enabled by default on the embedded ports on the Cisco MDS 9222i chassis. No additional license is required to use FCIP and FCIP compression on these ports.

Since this package is built in for the fix slot, "show lic ..." won't display.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: