Views
Helpful
Replies

Renaming Zones and Zonesets

jeffrey.jenkins
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

Just a basic question. We use 9509's and 9513's for our SAN configuration. If I rename either a zone or an active zoneset does this in any way disrupt the connections using the zone or the zoneset. I want to standardize the naming conventions for our systems to better identify what they serve.

Thanks

Jeffrey

2 Replies 2

Michael Brown
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure you can just rename the zone and zoneset. I think you may have to edit the current zoneset and add in duplicate zones with the new name, then delete the existing zones, with the old name, and then reactivate the current zoneset to push the change out. As long as there is no change in zone membership, no connectivity should be impacted.

As for the zoneset name, you may have to create a duplicate zoneset with the new name, and all the zones...with the new names...then activate the new zoneset name. Again, this should cause no impact to existing connectivity since the zone members will not be changing.

Hope this helps,

Mike

Hi Mike,

The ability to rename existing zones and zonesets is documented in Cisco's CLI and FM documentation. I just needed to know if doing so temporarily disrupts the connections using those zones.

Thanks for the response.

Jeffrey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: