Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting up device aliases in Fabric Manager

I have not found any way to define a device alias with Fabric Manager. It is easy to do with CLI but I have to type the pWWN. It seems like it should be easy to do with the GUI.

What am I missing?

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Setting up device aliases in Fabric Manager

Select the vsan you want in the upper left hand portion of the screen under logical domains. Right-click and edit local full zone database. In the new window, there is an alias selection. Select it and then right click on it for insert. Give it a name and then select the appropriate pwwn.

In the past, I have done as you describe. However, I ended up with fcalias...very different from device alias in the details. Is there some way to force device alias instead of fcalias?

If you are running 2.1(2b), in the Physical Attributes Pane of FM (lower left), expand the End Devices folder and then select Device Alias. This will produce a table in the upper right/top pane. Click the blue 'add row' button to create an alias. When you are done, hit the green "apply changes" button.

If you have CFS, you'll need to select the CFS pulldown menu and choose Commit. If you don't have CFS, you're all set.

Thanks, Seth. When we move to 2.1(2b) I will definately give that a try.

Views
Helpful
Replies