Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SSM required for Data Mobility Manager?

Everything I am reading is saying that to do DMM, I need a SSM. Yet when I review the CCIE Storage lab equipment list there is no SSM module listed, yet the lab blueprint says "Implement DMM". Is there a way to implement DMM without a SSM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: SSM required for Data Mobility Manager?

A SSM is required to do DMM. Same as all the other "value added" functions such as SAN-TAP, etc.

8 REPLIES

A SSM is required to do DMM. Same as all the other "value added" functions such as SAN-TAP, etc.

Thanks Stephen.

I just read on cisco that the MSM module, and thus the 9222i as well, support DMM. So this is how the lab blueprint for CCIE storage facilitates "Implement DMM" I would assume.

I must admit that it never occurred to me that the MSM could do that. Sorry for sending the wrong information. The i series switch just never really fit into our solutions so I tended it not watch their features.

Stephen, no worries, but it seems that since the Storage lab uses a 9222i and MSM's, that is how they do SME, DME, Santap etc.

In fact, I have searched but have not found a comparison document of intelligent features supported by MSM, 9222i, and SSM. I am a bit confused over what you can or can't do with one vs. the other as far as intelligent features are concerned.

I just read the gos on the 9222i and was surprised that DMM is supported natively. That being said, I don't see the other SSM features there "natively". Perhaps they just chuck in a SSM to use in the lab. Our EMC people just never shut up about using the MDS for replication. I heard a rumour that Cisco was looking at buying EMC for a number of reasons..

I heard that rumor too :), who knows if there is truth in it.

DMM and SME is supported on 9222i/18+4 LC, DMM from NX-OS 4.1, SME from 3.2(2) on 9222i and from 3.2(1) with 18+4 in a 9500. Santap is not supported on either 9222i or 18+4 LC.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content