Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

UCS Default Zoning Migration

*Please ignore - turns out my MDS was faulty and can indeed control the Zoning following a reboot*

Hi All,

I'm attempting to migrate from Default Zoning Enabled (FCoE Legacy) to either uplink Zoning or a full migration back to FC End Host mode.
The caveat is no service disruption !! 
The overall goal is to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 to support the latest VMware revision but I have fell into the old 'Default Zoning removed' trap.
My initial idea was to run hybrid with a new VSAN connected to my MDS and then migrate my existing (redundant) vNICS to the FC.

When I try and activate my new Zoneset it fails due to the Zoneset not existing in the FIs (a little reading finds that the UCS domain can only be configured in one way (no, uplink or zoned) and disabling default would bring me down hard).

So my next thought is can I enable uplink Zoning a fabric at a time but looking at my config the VSAN is DUAL configured, so I think that rules out 1 at a time.
Has anybody done this in the past or have any ideas that may help ?
Is it possible to migrate from Switched to end host mode without downtime ?
i.e. Can I run one FI in FC Switch and 1 in FC End Host short term to get one fabric zoned then do the second ?
It's a nice little problem this if anybody has any ideas :-)
I really don't want to take the platform down.

Regards
Steve.

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies