cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to launch DCNM-SAN from DCNM Web gui (6.2.3)

sandasani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Cisco DCNM 6.2.3  with Oracle Express 11.2 has been installed (3 times) on a Windows 2008(64 bit) R2 Enterprise edition.

Installation completing without any errors, however, running into the below 2 issues when launching DCNM-SAN.

1) On the DCNM server, window services show the Cisco DCNM services as "started" but without restarting  service manually, giving an error "Unable to connect to DCNM-SAN Server", if I restart DCNM-service (ex: after rebooting windows server for patching etc..) it works fine.

Question: Why DCNM service has to be manually restarted after system reboots, even though the service is set to automatic and showing as started ?

2) When launching DCNM-SAN from remote through portal (ex: https://dcnm-san-server:443/  its gving jboss(?) error " org.jnp.interfaces.namingcontextfactory".

Attached the screenshot of org.jnp err., any suggestions please ?

Suresh

4 Replies 4

andlevin
Level 1
Level 1

Please open tac case, we need to track it as bug when validated.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Same issue here, is there an update?

Thanks.

Cisco tac case was opened, it was found that java  1.7.0  is not supported, looks like Cisco only tested Java versions 1.6.0_31 & 1.7.0_17. Tested with 1.6.0_31, works fine but we keep updating Java so it broke again.

I am using same DCNM server version as yours.

I tested that using java 1.7.0_51 is fine for DCNM-SAN client but not DCNM-LAN client (the GUI will be stalled).

And when the login prompt does not pop up, I tried adding the DCNM server address to the configure java > security > edit site list ...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: