cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading nx-os code on a Nexus 5K & the Power Sequencer issue.

jkarson
Level 1
Level 1

Attached is my MS Word document outlining the correct steps to upgrade a Cisco Nexus 5K switch.  The descriptions found within this document highlight actual events as they take place.  Feel free to read through this documentation and realize that during any code upgrade, the more important focus is not the upgrade of the code so much as it's the upgrade procedure of the Power Sequencer on the 5K switch.

Cheers,

Jay K.

ps. This is my first discussion I've authored so I'm geeked!  =)

4 Replies 4

faimymolina
Level 1
Level 1

Very useful, thank you.

faimymolina
Level 1
Level 1

One question: did you have to perform twice the installation of the 5.0(2)N1.1 code, before powering down the switch? Thanks in advace.

Yes, the installation is performed twice for version 5.0.2.  A  neat trick is to open another SSH window to the same switch during the upgrade of the switch and perform a show version.  During the upgrade you will see that the power sequencer version remains at version 1.0.  Post installation of the second 5.0.2 code update, (remember the "Install has been successful" output?)  the show version output will then change to version 1.2. 

Cheers,

Jay K.

Thanks a lot.

Faimy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: