cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading Zoneset operational mode from Basic to Enhanced - is it disruptive?

waliakbari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a quick question :

I need to upgrade a current VSAN Zoneset operational mode from Basic to Enhanced - is this a disruptive process to the fabric and the members in the VSAN?, or is it simply like an udpate to an active zoneset which is full distrubited to the other switch?

Reading the CISCO NX-OS 5.0 Configuration fabric guide, it didnt meantion that it is disruptive? and it looks very straight forward,  But i was told by another engineer that it is disruptive, so now im unsure....

Thanks in advance.

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Wali

It is non-disruptive

View solution in original post

setmason
Level 1
Level 1

Non-Disruptive.

When enabling enhanced-zoning, make sure you enable it from the switch that contains a complete full-zoneset database as it will distribute/sync the fullzoneset from that one switch and overwrite the full zonesets (in that specific VSAN) of the others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Wali

It is non-disruptive

setmason
Level 1
Level 1

Non-Disruptive.

When enabling enhanced-zoning, make sure you enable it from the switch that contains a complete full-zoneset database as it will distribute/sync the fullzoneset from that one switch and overwrite the full zonesets (in that specific VSAN) of the others.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: