Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

What is the part number for the mini gbic?

I need to replace a mini gbic from a MDS-9124. I tried very hard to find the part number but it is not clear. There are 2 part numbers writen in the gbic, but I could not confirm any of it. The part numbers that is writen are DSSFP4GSW-4 and the other is 102195-01. If someone can help I would really appreciate.

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: What is the part number for the mini gbic?

DS SFP 4G SW-4 is the part number for Cisco MDS 9000 Family 4/2/1-Gbps Fibre Channel-SW, SFP, LC, 4-pack, spare

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps4159/ps6409/ps5987/ps7079/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057451f.html

"DS-SFP-FC4G-SW=" is Cisco part number for a single 4G Short-wave SFP used in the MDS 9124

At the switch, you could use the << show int fc1/x transceiver details >> command which would give you the programmed part-number.

The DSS... sticker is likely the Cisco partnumber.

It's perhaps a good habit to do at least once execute a full "show tech" of each (new_ switch and save the output. This would give you all the (least) information for the future. . . reproducing is always difficult if the part or switch is not available (anymore) ;) .

Regards, Peter.

Thanks Peter!

Views
Helpful
Replies