cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Win2k Server can't see the drives on Compaq VA7400 Disk Array

chansam
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached a Win2K server with (10/100MB) NIC to Cat 29478G, then connect the Gigabit Ethernet port to the SN5428. The VA7400 is connected to fc2 on SN5428. I can see all the drives on VA7400 in the SN5428 web admin page. The iscsi driver (v2.2.1) is installed and the status is ok.

However, I couldn't scan the disk from win2k disk manager unless I install the Veritas Volume Manager 3.0

Is it VxVM is a must for Cisco;s iSCSI solution?

8 Replies 8

mrfrase
Level 1
Level 1

VxVM is not required, W2K disk admin will work fine. I can't say what issue you may be running into here. but if you can recreate this at will I believe a case with TAC can be opened and we can work out the problem.

Thanks mrfrase.

I am now facing another problem. I have attached all my devices together

I can see my iscsi status is active to the scsi routing instance.

I can see my array is presented in the SN5428 by "sh devices"

i can see my iscsi routing is active in the router

I can ping my server with iscsi driver installed

but the Cisco Psuedo SCSI drive is still not running!!!

(In Windows Control Panel->System->Hardware Configuration)

What is the problem?

OK, so you do have SP3 loaded , right?

Does the Cisco Applet show up under

start/settings/control Panel/iSCSI Conf

What does it show when you clic on status?

Hi mrfrase,

The problem has solved due to the misconfiguration on the Disk Array.

Thanks for your help

I have the same problem with a Hitachi system. Client installed on a w2k server and showing ACTIVE and discovery in status.

Can see volumes aso on the 5428.

-- Lars

So on SN5428 sees the LUN's on the Hitachi.

In your SN5428 configuration, you do have the acess control for this target allowed, right? Seems discovery is good, next would be sendtargets command from iSCSI Initiator, that is when access control for that target is checked, default is to disallow access.

Found out that on the Hitatachi one must get in the HDS Array (using their DAMP s/w) and format the LUN for use by the attaching host and to ready the LUN, this array will display not ready LUNs to the FC fabric but the host will not be able to see it.

I have removed all ACL from the SN5428, however, the LUN is still not shown in the Disk Management MMC ...... Any maximum storage capacity has been default in Windows 2000 server?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: