Views
Helpful
Replies

c2960-X & c2960-XR QoS Queues

jtaisie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I am trying real hard to obtain detailed QoS queues on  the new c2960-X model. The  documentation I got from the cisco site is does says about it but did NOT help.

I need to know which queue is the priority queue, ef (CoS) among eight other queues per port mentioned in the document.

Sample configuration of QoS for the model (c2960-X/XR) is what I have been searching through the Internet without success.

I would appreciate anyone having any leads to these Information/Documentation/Sample Configurations.

Look forward to receiving your support.

Thank you,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All the documentation points to this conclusion.

I do not have a device to confirm absolute though. But I cannot see Cisco changing this from one 2960 model to the next.

HTH

Wantser

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Wantser1981_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

What are you trying to achieve?

You might get away with auto qos for example or you may need to be more specific in your queueing methodology. If you are using auto qos then queue 1 is the priority queue. There are 4 egress queues, not 8. There are 8 CoS classes of which 5 would map by default to ef (DSCP 46).

See below link for 2960-X qos config guide for IOS 15.0 which will help hopefully

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15.0_2_EX/qos/configuration_guide/b_qos_152ex_2960-x_cg_chapter_010.html

You may want to read more into QoS types/methods etc....LLQ, CBWFQ, WRED etc to understand the principles first, then align them against your requirement and chose the best path forward.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/qos/configuration/guide/qcfintro.html

HTH

Hi HTH,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I got the link too.

My doubt was that, as far as I know for ;

- c2950, the priority queue is queue 2

- c2960, the priority queue is queue 1

- c4500, the priority queue is queue 3

Now we have c2960-X just released, and I was not sure which queue is set for the priority queue. We implement QoS class maps manually that is why I want to make sure we do it on the right queue.

From what you say, the priority queue still retains queue 1 (correct me if am wrong)..., well it does make sense from the c2960 series...

Thanks again

Could anyone confirm my understanding on the priority queue of c2960-X as the same as the standard c2960 ...,

Thanks once again

All the documentation points to this conclusion.

I do not have a device to confirm absolute though. But I cannot see Cisco changing this from one 2960 model to the next.

HTH

Wantser

Thanks Wantser,

I strongly agree with your conclusion. Once again, thanks for sharing.

Have a wonderful day too.

James

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card