Views
Helpful
Replies

C9500-24Y4C - HA - DAD and/or ePAgP

Rassic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 x C9500-24Y4C switches using 2 x SVl links. For Dual Active Detection I have 2 separate physical links and the option to use a C9300 switch with a PortChannel running ePAgP to the C9500 switches.

Given the various options what is the Cisco recommended High Availability (HA) solution ...DAD and/or ePAgP?

If using both, what is the HA priority solution for C9500 switches?

If only DAD is selected, would it be best to remove ePAgP from the PortChannel and go with LACP?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sure that is best practice if the device near by and same location.

if that helpful and  no further assistance required, we mark as resolved, so this helps for  other community members.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If they are same location have near by you can plug them directly that is best option - less dependency on other devices in the path.

I have quite a lot deployment of SVL - i use directly connected each other for DAD - rather going via another Layer 2 switch.

check some guide lines :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9000/nb-06-cat-9k-stack-wp-cte-en.html

BB

Rassic
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you BB for your response, I will stick with DAD directly connected links and remove the ePAgP options/

Thanks again Rassic

I will check my note but as I remember

LACP SVL + DAD 

Or 

PAgP SVL + enhance PAgP 

So the enhance PAgP is work like DAD as fast heartbeat' this enhance feature is missing from LACP so we use DAD in separate link. 

That all as I remember 

MHM

Screenshot (128).png

as I mention before, you can use DAD if you use LACP in SVL or you can use ePAgP if you use PAgP in SVL

Screenshot (129).png

Sure that is best practice if the device near by and same location.

if that helpful and  no further assistance required, we mark as resolved, so this helps for  other community members.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card