cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3850 igmp snooping mib and snooping multicast forwarding mib

greenejeremya
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to retrieve all IGMP snooping parameters and the associated multicast forwarding table from a 3850. 
From the q-bridge-mib, the multicast forwarding table is: dot1qTpGroupTable. But that mib does not appear to be supported. 
I even tried the community string vlan index.
I can get the dot1dBridge mib vars, including the unicast forwarding table (using the community string vlan index).
While I would like all IGMP snooping params, the main goal is the multicast forwarding table, to trace mcast streams through a layer 2 network.
Also... surprisingly, the cisco SG300 and associated ciscoSB mibs are pretty complete regarding this (not great, but pretty good)
Of course, I'm hoping that the solution also applies to the other catalyst series, particularly the 9K.

Appreciate all help!

1 Reply 1

greenejeremya
Level 1
Level 1

I guess the title should be, does the 3850 support the Q-BRIDGE-MIB. And it's looking grim that it does.
I see that a similar request for the 3650 was asked in 2019 and from what I see did not really get answered (https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/is-the-q-bridge-mib-supported-on-a-catalyst-3650-series-switch/td-p/3902026)
In the event there is no snmp support, is the only other option telnet or ssh to the cli and scrape asciii text???!!
I can't see any way to get json or even xml formatted responses for show commands (netconf being for config). Running the latest, 16.12.10a
Very strange for the company that sent dozens of folks to each ietf meeting to define snmp/mibs does not actually implement them well. At all. Even NETGEAR has all of this! 
Also, even getting bridge-mib data prevents svnmpv3 since it uses the insanely archaic community@vlanIndex mechanism. Quite frustrating! 
Anyone know if the cat9K is basically the same (limited) snmp support?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card