cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default IP on Express Setup

cursur949
Level 1
Level 1

I just received three WS-C2960S-24TS-Land three WS-C3560E-48TD-S switches that i entered the Express Setup on as usual.  On two of each type of switch i found the default network that is used to facilitate the Express Setup was 10.0.1.1 and the others used an IP range of 10.0.2.1, i realized this is a small negligible at best difference though i need to provide management with an answer as to why there is a difference between the two and can’t find anything online as to why there is a difference or something that proves there should be a difference.  All the documentation I find sounding Express Setup notes that the IP range will be 10.0.1.1 not 10.0.2.1

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That shouldn't big concern , as you will most likely change these IPs to match whatever your inband or out of band management network you already have in place.

I completely agree that it shouldn't be a big concern, though my management won’t take that as an answer, because well… who knows.

When somene doesn't take a reasonable answer, remind them that the alternative is no answer at all.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card