cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Destination Host Unreachable issue in Packet Tracer

Hokageqqw
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DHCP server in my project which gives all ip, also I need to make 4 pc which will have static ip, and I need to ping them with pc which has dhpc setting on pc with static ip how can I do it? I have one router.

for example

PC59 > PC30

PC30 ping webserver

cisco file - https://ufile.io/oc4e268e

11 Replies 11

@Hokageqqw hi,

1. you need different VLANs for different network ranges (ex. VLAN 10 for 192.168.1.0/24 range and VLAN 20 for 192.168.2.0/24) since you have only one router. 

2. then configure all inter-switch connections as trunk and allow the selected VLANs configured in step 1

3. configure sub interfaces in router with correct vlan encapsulation

4. configure DHCP server in correct VLAN where you need to distribute IPs

router configurations - https://www.grandmetric.com/knowledge-base/design_and_configure/router-on-a-stick-approach-cisco-configuration/

switch configurations - https://www.practicalnetworking.net/stand-alone/configuring-vlans/

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

how to configure a vlan correctly ? is there a manual?

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file, and indicate what you are having trouble with...

The link you posted earlier downloads some sort of .exe file, which looks like malware...

Files of this type (.pkt) are not supported. Accepted file types: jpg, gif, png, xlsx, tar, rtf, csv, ppt, pptx, mov, mp4, qt, wmv, doc, docx, pdf, jpeg, txt, xls, arf, zip. i zipped my  Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file

I have a DHCP server in my project which gives all ip, also I need to make 4 pc which will have static ip, and I need to ping them with pc which has dhpc setting on pc with static ip how can I do it? I have one router.

Which PCs have a static IP address, and what IP addresses do these PCs have ?

Hokageqqw_1-1712138386279.png

192.168.2.1 192.168.2.2 192.168.2.3 192.168.2.4

I need to ping PCs with dhcp setting

Hello,

you need to use a subinterface on the router. Also, you need to put the PCs with static IPs in a different Vlan. The links between the switches need to be converted to trunk links. Also you need to manually create Vlan 2 on all intermediate switches. The default gateway of the PCs in the 192.168.2.0/24 address space needs to be 192.168.2.1. One of the PCs had been assigned this address, you need to change it to something else (such as .5)

Attached the revised file with the above mentioned changes implemented.

I also have a question why the dhcp server does not assign a dns server?

Hokageqqw_0-1712140194950.png

Hokageqqw_1-1712140415042.png

Hello,

you need to exlcude the IP addressof the DNS server from the range that is assigned to clients. The best would be to set the start address to .6 (see screenshot).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card