Helpful
Replies

Finding out which physical port this MAC address belong to on 3750X

Jacky Soe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

Really glad to be here. 

Finding out which physical port certain MAC address belong to on 3750X. The switch has 2X LACP ports acting as uplink.  There are multiple vLan.  The result is not showing exact port number. If not running LACP then would show exact port number.  Any advice would be very much appreciated ^_^

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-08 at 4.50.15 PM.jpeg

2 Replies 2

Hello

From P04 check what that PC  is actually connected to and perfrom the same lookup on that adjecent switch, Then perfrom the same lookup until you find the correct switch and access port that the related mac address resides.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks so much for your kind response.

The switch supplying Internet to this 3750X is cisco N6K. Could you kindly help with what commands to enter roughly in N6K? I'm just not familiar with this, sorry to bother you.

Actually I already know the actual server with that MAC is connected to this 3750X. Am I just missing the correct command or?

Thanks very much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card