cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to enable fips remotely on a Cisco Nexus 9K

charliekay
Level 1
Level 1

I need to enable fips remotely the solution is to follow the below steps: Enable fips N9K N9k-Switch# conf t N9k-Switch(config)# no feature ssh N9k-Switch(config)# no ssh key rsa N9k-Switch(config)# ssh key rsa 2048 N9k-Switch(config)# feature ssh New SSH Key has a bitcount of 2048: N9k-Switch(config)# show ssh key (check RSA keys) N9k-Switch(config)# fips mode enable (this required reload the switch) The issue is that I need to do this remotely thru ssh and ssh will disconnect, I was thinking of a tcl script, but not too familiar with tcl scripting. Is there a tcl or eem script that would work for this? Thank you, Dave      

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- One other option could be , if the remote site can offer terminal services , it to access the console of the nexus through a terminal server equipment , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card