Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow support on cat 4500

sameermunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have cat 4506 chassis with sup III enginer.trying to configure netflow on the same but it seems its not supported.

As per the cisco documentation To use the NetFlow feature, you must have the Supervisor Engine V-10GE (the functionality is embedded in the supervisor engine), or the NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) and either a Supervisor Engine IV or a Supervisor Engine V.

nothing is mentioned about Sup III as its EOL.

can anyone give the final confirmation on the same that it wont support netflow.

Regards

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

i have cat 4506 chassis with sup III enginer.trying to configure netflow on the same but it seems its not supported.

As per the cisco documentation To use the NetFlow feature, you must have the Supervisor Engine V-10GE (the functionality is embedded in the supervisor engine), or the NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) and either a Supervisor Engine IV or a Supervisor Engine V.

nothing is mentioned about Sup III as its EOL.

can anyone give the final confirmation on the same that it wont support netflow.

Regards

Hi,

Yes you are right as per the below link also it says the same and the Cisco Catalyst 4000 NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531) is an optional daughter card for the Catalyst 4000/4500 Supervisor Engine IV. It extends the functions of the Supervisor Engine IV by collecting NetFlow statistics and enhanced virtual LAN (VLAN) statistics without affecting the forwarding performance rates of the supervisor engine. It can be shipped pre-installed with a Supervisor Engine IV from the factory or as a separate, field-replaceable unit. It is not supported on the Supervisor Engine I, II, or III.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/50sg/configuration/guide/nfswitch.html#wp1021222

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/prod_bulletin09186a00801304df.html

Hope to Help !!

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card