cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

priviledge levels

shaila_rox
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys, i read tht in switches n routers we have 15 privilege levels, i know how to configure them but tell me 1 thing suppose i want a level 2 in which all the commands available in level 15 are allowed except for the erase and delete commands, can somebody refer me a document which tell this, i got a doucment on cisco which tells how to allow different set of commands but didnt specify how to restrict set of commands, some1 plz tell

thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

friend,

By default each privilege level has a particular set of commands allowed.

I dont think you will be able to restrict certain commands within a privilege level.

What you trying to achieve is very much possible with Tacacs+

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

i was readinn ISCW and came across the topic of views, do u think it will do ??? 1 more question plz, is there any possible way to make router learn of individual hosts connections to is ethernet segment ? like there are ips 10.0.0.1 - 10.0.0.10 on a lan and i want router to put all these ip in the routing table so is it possible ? do i have to run any protocol on hosts ??? plz tell me

Friend,

It will have the entire segment in its routing table and will be seen as connected.

There is no need to have individual routes in the routing table for forwarding traffic.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Hi there,

If the router is the gateway for those IPs, then the router will add their MAC addresses to its ARP table "IP addresses and their MAC addresses". Their entries will be added when they are communication through or to the router.

And if those IP addresses are not on the same segment as the router interfaces, then the router needs to be aware about their subnet either static or dynamically or through the default gateway.

I hope this is helpful!

Please rate if it does!

Thanks

Abd Alqader

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card