cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANS and intervlan Routing

nagarjunaz
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a new LAB setup for my office. I have an HP 5500 Layer 3 switch behind ASA 5500 firewall. Firewall is connected to the corporate network. I created 3 Vlans for each platform.( Vlan 1 , Vlan 800, 801). When i assign server under Default VLAN 1 i am able to reach my corporate network. But when the same server is in VLAN 800 i am not able to reach corporate network.. Basically i am able to reach corporate network when my VLANS are in default VLAN 1 only. I created VLAN interfaces and assigned an IP address for all the VLANS. Default route was pointing to firewall.

I was wondering what the problem can be ?

2 Replies 2

Hello,

Where is the intervlan routing being performed? What mode is the Fw running (routed/transparent)

Have you set up the logical vlans on the FW?
Is ip routing enabled on the Hp switch?

Can you post the config if the FW

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Inter VLAN Routing is done at HP L3 switch. By default IP routing is enabled on L3 HP switches unlike cisco where we need to enable routing manually.

When routing is enabled on L3 HP switch is it required to configure logical VLANS on FW ?

Appreciate your help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card