cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

And where did THIS document go: Portable Product Sheet

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Until a few months ago (March 2011, I believe), there was a webpage entitled Portable Product Sheet.  This page is very simple yet they contain very important details about the performance of Cisco appliances.   Then sometime in March or April 2011, someone moved or deleted the webpage.  All there is left is the router performance sheet.

Does anyone know where this very valuable page went?  Can someone from Cisco please restore this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

After researching the Portable Product Sheets in Partner Center, we discovered that unfortunately the group responsible for the site and its content no longer exists. We do understand that you find this information quite useful and we are sending your feedback along. We suggest you contact your local channels SE or channels account manager to ask if they can provide any similar content to you directly, and to let them know you would like to see this type of content reinstated.

Thanks,

Janel

View solution in original post

Thank you for following up with your account manager. It’s important for them to know how much you value this information! Many of these docs may still be available, just not in the single location you found so useful.

There is a creative way that you can access the archived information. Go to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, enter in the Portable Product Sheet URL, and click the Latest button. You can download the legacy documents from there. Keep in mind, of course, that the versions you get may not reflect the latest information.

Thanks again,

Janel

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Janel Kratky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Leo,

After researching the Portable Product Sheets in Partner Center, we discovered that unfortunately the group responsible for the site and its content no longer exists. We do understand that you find this information quite useful and we are sending your feedback along. We suggest you contact your local channels SE or channels account manager to ask if they can provide any similar content to you directly, and to let them know you would like to see this type of content reinstated.

Thanks,

Janel

we discovered that unfortunately the group responsible for the site and its content no longer exists.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... 

I have sent Ms.  Beth Dannemiller a few emails and she's forwarded my email to her team but so far no response like this.  I'm so disappointed that a pretty good reference document is no longer available.  I should've saved it while I had the chance.  Nuts. 

Thanks for this Janel.

Thank you for following up with your account manager. It’s important for them to know how much you value this information! Many of these docs may still be available, just not in the single location you found so useful.

There is a creative way that you can access the archived information. Go to the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, enter in the Portable Product Sheet URL, and click the Latest button. You can download the legacy documents from there. Keep in mind, of course, that the versions you get may not reflect the latest information.

Thanks again,

Janel

Wooo-hooooooo!  Gold!

Thanks Janel.  I'll contact our SE and ask if he can get an internal request to re-instate this link and update the individual documentation as well.

Thanks for the assistance and support.

I'm going to save any future visitors several minutes of their time by completing Janel's solution with the missing direct link to the last available Portable Product Sheets index page (that is, skipping useless 404 and redirect snapshots):

https://web.archive.org/web/20101230204329/http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/tools/quickreference/index.html

As a bonus, here are direct links to the last archived copies of oldies I find useful:

"IOS Packaging" with feature set letter codes (searching for which actually brought me here)

Routing Performance 

Switching Performance 

Module Crossref 

Funnily enough, all of these quick references (except exceedingly popular "routing performance") are still available live at CCO, so probably there is an easier way to find them with better google-fu skill.

Best regards.

Translating "ena"...domain server (255.255.255.255)

Hey Leo Laohoo, hi!

I contacted my Cisco LATAM Account Manager and she was so kind sharing to me this Portable Product Sheet in PDF file.

I will attach the file in this post thread and also the URL of my Cloud Storage below. The name of the file Portable Product Sheets – Switching Performance.pdf

Hope will be helpful to you and to everyone here.

https://goo.gl/GwJBs8

Best,

Jorge Arredondo Dorantes

Hey Leo Laohoo, hi!

I contacted my Cisco LATAM Account Manager and she was so kind sharing to me this Portable Product Sheet in PDF file.

I will attach the file in this post thread and also the URL of my Cloud Storage below. The name of the file Portable Product Sheets – Switching Performance.pdf

Hope will be helpful to you and to everyone here.

https://goo.gl/GwJBs8

Best all!,

Jorge Arredondo Dorantes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: