Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Guide Formatting

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I noticed a lot of config guide pages don't render really well. For example if you go to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/eem/configuration/12-4t/eem-policy-cli.html  you'll notice that you have to keep on scrolling left and right as it's really wide. I usually see this with pages that have tables. I tried using different computers, different browsers and still the same thing.

Are other people seeing that as well? Any reasoning for it or just an error?

Thanks

Tom

2 Replies 2

tomek0001
Level 4
Level 4

Another thing that I noticed in all docs is that any commands used in any doc don't have any spaces. It's little annoying and difficult to read. I think this is what's causing the scrolling issue.

Any idea if Cisco is aware of this and doing anything about it?

Here is an example for command "ip route static bfd...":

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/iproute_pi/command/iri-cr-a1.html#GUID-06B9837A-B8BC-4357-BE0B-ADE52BA2FDB7

"Usage Guidelines

Use the              iproutestaticbfdcommandtospecifystaticrouteBFDneighbors.AllstaticroutesthathavethesameinterfaceandgatewayspecifiedintheconfigurationsharethesameBFDsessionforreachabilitynotification.

All static routes that specify the same values for the              interface-type,              interface-number, and              ip-addressarguments will automatically use BFD to determine gateway reachability and take advantage of fast failure detection.

"

Thanks

Tom

dhucaby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tom,

I've noticed the extremely wide formatting too. I don't have a huge laptop screen, so I have to scroll back and forth as I read across the long lines of text. That's terribly cumbersome. In those cases, I usually click on the upper right link to download a PDF version of the document and read that instead.

Dave H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: