Replies

how to highlighting cisco sintax with notepad++

dotansplus
Level 1
Level 1

hello everyon

I tried to highlight the cisco sintax with this help:

http://www.linickx.com/875/cisco-asa-syntax-highlighting-with-notepad

But it doesn't work, someone has another option?

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Jamesseibert11
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for bumping ancient thread, but it comes up in search so figure it's worth a reply - 

The original blog post was probably for an older version of NotePad++ and the xml might not be 100%. 

I went in to "language -> define language", then chose to "create new" named it Cisco-Test.

I then copied the words from linickx's xml file into the words 1,2,3,4 respectively and used the styler to make my own colors.

I also added a ton of other commands from my normal configs to the different groups.

once I'm 95% happy with it I'll run an export and save on my blog to share.

Good Luck

Hi James. Did you arrive to a version that you like. Would you please share it. :) Thx

I have blogged this , i cant stress enough during troubleshooting it helps alot . as blog is down i will provide file here . Just rename file to .xml and put it in C:\Users\USER-NAME\AppData\Roaming\Notepad++ Folder ,

• Note: you need to replace or delete other .xml file if exist & File name is case sensitive .

Edit : cisco in built uploader messed up file name it must be userDefineLang.xml

I tried it. works nice. For those who tried to search it in settings>style..
it is in languages, at the bottom there are 4 new languages named cisco. :)

Hi.

Thanks for you work.

Looks nice)))

Very help full. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: