Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Smart Install detailed documentation

Hello all,

I am currently working on implementation of the Cisco Smart Install feature into a production environment, however I am unable to find any detailed documentation of the autoinstall procedure and inner workings of the protocols used and especially how the Smart Install utilizes telnet to upgrade non-SmartInstall software capable switches. ie., a Catalyst 2960 running 12.2(44)SE6.

Currently I am only able to find the Smart Install Configuration Guide and LMS Guide, however it doesn't explain things in the level of detail I am looking for.

If anyone could point me in the direction of some more detailed technical documentation on the processes it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Smart Install detailed documentation

I provided your comments to the product marketing and documentation teams for Smart Install.  The product manager sent me a Powerpoint presentation that includes some of the information you are looking for: best practices, troubleshooting, debugging and use cases.

I have uploaded this ppt to the Document tab in the Tech Docs Ideas forum, and also plan to upload it into the technical discussions area at Network Infrastructure->LAN, Switching and Routing.

Thanks for your comments!

Linda 

Wasn't quite the level of detail I was looking for, but something is better than nothing.

Thanks.

By the level of detail you'd like, are you referring to "detailed documentation of the autoinstall procedure and inner workings  of the protocols used and especially how the Smart Install utilizes  telnet to upgrade non-SmartInstall software capable switches"?  Other items in addition? 

Linda

Views
Helpful
Replies