Views
Helpful
Replies

subscription for updates

Thomas Schmitt
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i have a question about subscription for security updates for particular systems. Is possible or not and in case of yes, how?

For example i'm responsible for Nexus Switches with NX-OS version Nexus 7.1(3), for ASA Firewall 9.3.2, ACS 5.7 and WLC OS 8.1.122. I don't care about security updates for routers and switches at all. Also i don't care for example about new exploits in NX-OS in version 5.x, 6.x or 7.2.x, but it is important for me to get notification about new exploits in NX-OS version 7.1.(3)

Do you have any idea how to accomplish it?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This will get close to what you want.

Go to the software download centre and select your device.  Get to the point where you can see all the software versions.  Select the software version you are interested in from the tree on the left hand side.  On the top right of the window showing all the software downloads click "Add Notification".

Attached is a screenshot illustrating this for an ASA 5515 running 9.2(4).

Hello,

thank you very much for the idea, it's very nice. Can you please explain how to use it?

I did RSS subsciption for Cisco Security Advisories feed 

So I subscribed for security updates for ASA 5500-X series and I know about a new security Bug CSCuo65775 for ASA 5500-X - but in the feed i can't see anything in the feed.

I would expect to see this message in RSS

Can you please explain, how to use this feature?

Thank you

I'm not sure about RSS.  I just use email notifications.  It may be that the feeds are only updated weekly.  Not sure.