Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS & JAVA

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

Currently running TMS serial number: 80A04190  with version 14.3.2

Was working fine when we had JAVA 1.7.0.  Now our security folks pushed JAVA 1.8.0 and the monitoring features will not work due to permissions issues.

Understand that TMS will not function when the security level is above medium setting.  Well JAVA 1.8.0 removed that setting.

What is CISCO doing or has done to fix this.  It's a security issue that will not allow us to roll back JAVA.

Thank you.

Chet Cronin
3 Replies 3

corneliss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can confirm I'm running JAVA 1.8.0 (See picture 2) and my TMS monitoring is working. What you need to do is in the Java control panel under the security tab (See attached Picture 1), add the URL from the TMS monitoring as an exeption. This will resolve your issue, I have not had any issues since. Remember to close your browser after the exeption list has been updated and then try it. Hope this resolves your issue.

Sorry but I get the no permission security window.  ?

Chet Cronin

In you serach bar search for Configure JAVA ( Picture 1) and then click on the Security Tab at the TOP (Picture 2) Hope this helps. Please show me screen shot of what you are seeing. Please also confirm the one you have currently installed.