cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What Movi API(s) are available?

mrrobert
Level 1
Level 1

I am in need of the API(s) for MOVI that will allow an application to interface with MOVI to place calls, end calls, mute, etc.  What API(s) are available and where can I find them?                  

5 Replies 5

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi you mean to control movi clients on the different user computers this is not possible in the way you describe. There is no such API for movi clients do perform the actions you mention.

Please provide more details if i misunderstood you.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

No, we are creating an application that will be installed on the same computer as the MOVI client.  We are able to place a call but are not able to end, mute, hold, etc. the call from our application.  You have to use the MOVI application itself.  We would like to be able to control these feature from our application.

What would be the goal of this application?

Help us understand why you are attempting to abstract the Movi/jabber application control functions or what the goal or end state is.

You may have better luck with the jabber web SDK instead of the executable software client.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Movi/Jabber Video does not officially support API to control the application.

Developer made several commands that will launch application and initiate the call but this is only for internal and test purpose and hasn’t made it available to public.

aostense
Level 1
Level 1

Personally, I use a lot the Windows API in Movi to make a call. But, as Tomo states, this is not officially supported, but can be used.

Make a call (movi:), e.g.:

Run > movi:arne@ostensen.net