cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8710 Screen Layout changes with DTMF

dfdunn1662
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to turn off the layout changes when DTMF tones are used?

When we dial into an audio bridge from a room on the 8710, the DTMF tones are causing the screen layout to change. We would like to use FECC only to change screen layouts. (Similar to what you can do on a 8510 card)

Thanks,

Danny

8 Replies 8

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I am not understand your problem exactly, because the DTMF sent by a particular participant is used to change only the layout of this particular participant and not the whole layout of the conferece. Therefore, if your audio bridge is sending DTMF to TS, this should not cause a layout changing for all the other participants.

What is the audio bridge you are connecting to? What is the protocol involved on this call?

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo, do you know if that works?

Even if the conductor has the participant.modify option with suppressDtmf

I would be at least be skeptical, as the TPS itself and worse neither its API

do not seem to have that capability, ...

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin,

In fact, I was thinking about using Conductor to disable the layout change via DTMF to the whole conference and not to a single participant.

However, I have never tested it before... But it is supposed to work, I think. In addition, I dont think this will be possible without Conductor or CTX. TP Server has not many options to customize the conference as we actually have in the MCU series.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I am not able to test it right now.

Like I said, the TPS API does not list it and as the Conductor uses that its either not documented

or not possible :-/

Danny: if it cant be fixed via the conductor or you need to run it stand alone I would recommend

that you contact your Cisco Partner or Contact and file a feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Martin,

I just checked out the API guide for TP Server and I came to conclusion that you are probably right. Using the commands

flex.conference.create or even flex.participant.create, there is no option to disable layout control via DTMF or FECC.

Therefore, the best option Danny has for now is to go ahead and open a feature request, as you mentioned. Although I think I have not understood why the layout is being changed globally...

Regards

Paulo Souza

Thanks for the replies Martin and Paulo. We will reach out to Cisco to find out what is going on.

Paulo, to answer your question, the screen layouts are changing locally on the person who is entering the DTMF tones when connecting to the audio only bridge. We are being asked to stop this from happening.

Danny,

Sorry if the my question may look a little stupid, but, what is the impact of sending commands to change the conference layout if the participant is audio only?

I really did not understand where is the problem... sorry for my confusion.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Maybe these could be workarounds:

* tell the users how to revert the layout using DTMF

* book via TMS and add the conference as a dial out participant (should work with DTMF post dail, though not tried)

* use a conductor and have a specific meeting room which has the audio bridge as a pre configured participant

* depending on how many audio participants need to join use TPS+conductor for them

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: