Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing a Polycom CMA Address Book

Tim Doebler
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Looking for a little help or a definitive answer... New Ex90 running 5.1 in a Polycom CMA (running 5.5) environment how can I access the CMA address book?

I tried the tips for VTC talk pointing @ http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/TMS/Public/external/phonebook/PhoneBookService.asmx

No good, my 90 is registered with my CMA so I can dial using prefix etc but I cannot look anyone up. So I have built custom favorites... BTW anyone know how to export my favorites. I don't see them in my XML's and as I stated above I have a Polycom infrastructure not a Cisco.

Thank you in advance,

ESP

6 Replies 6

Teck Chye Tang
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We have inter-op issue with CMA on phonebook retrieval in TC5.x release.

This should be fix in the next TC software release.

But CMA phonebook with TC should work if you are using TC4.x.

Hello,

I was running 4.2 and it did not work. Is the url correct in my posting? Is there anything I need to do on my Ploycom infra?

Thanks again.

ESP

Hi,

Sorry, I think it works until TC4.1.

Your path is correct.  Can you try TC4.1.

Polycom end should be just as per polycom recommended settings

Matt Warrillow
Level 1
Level 1

@Cheye Tang,

Do you know if this has been fixed yet for the TC5.1.0 release as we have an C40 and a EX60 that have had to be downgraded to run TC4.1.2 so they can get the polycom address book.

If it is not fixed yet is there a time frame that you can provide before the resoloution. Would it help if I raised a TAC case for this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

This has been fixed in TC5.1 release.  You can refer to the TC release notes and find bug CSCtx33081.   However, there's a mistake in the release notes, it should be CMA and not GMS.

Regards,

Hi,

In order for a C Series endpoint to access the Polycom CMA GAB; does it have to be registered to the CMA for call control? or can it retrieve the phonebook by just entering the phonebook URL, and register to VCS-Control?

Thanks, Si

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: