Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing the Root Interface from Saturn Prompt - C90

Luke Sykes
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning

We have been working on a C90 this morning that will not boot past the Cisco Logo.

We attempted to do a software recovery but this hasnt worked. We think that if we remove the config file from the Lynux back end, a software recovery will be possible as the customer reported that the codec started to reboot when he entered at 50 character system name. (maximum allowed)

We are currently unable to get to the root interface, we can only get to the saturn prompt.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Luke

42 Replies 42

Hi Mubashshir

thanks for the clarification, that is certainly the command i was looking for

Cheers

Dave

Think with Portals

Think with Portals

hi Magnus

I also encountered this problem.Can you please send me the  u-boot.bin file and pkgextract.elf file?(My email address:huangshaocan@eccom.com.cn)In addition, can I use the 3CDaemon as the TFTP server? Do I need to connect my computer to the codec with Ethernet cable ?Thanks.

Danny,

Related but slightly off topic - I need to perform a password recovery on an E20 which will not accept the factory reset sequence. Can you please help? I have a console cable and have interupted the boot sequence, and I am now looking at the SNOOPY> prompt. Help please please please ... Thank you!

Joe

kamiltyminski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I need these files:

pkgextract.elf

u-boot

From where can I download it? Or can you just send me it via e-mail (kamil.tyminski@hotmail.com). The hardware is Codec c90

Thanks in advance

Kamil

Sent by email .

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Thank you very much!

Kamil

Can you please send me one? My email is huangshaocan@eccom.com.cn . Thanks.

Hi. I need these files:

pkgextract.elf

u-boot

From where can I download it? Or can you just send me it via e-mail (zgf926@163.com). The hardware is Codec C60

Thanks in advance

kamiltyminski
Level 1
Level 1

I have reimaged codec, but when i do

selectsw

there is only one image on the list. Is this normal?

Thanks

Kamil

As you flashed it new it sounds reasonable, the second image should show up after you done an additional software up/downgrade.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Martin - I know you are a Telepresence guru ... Can you give me a quick run down on recovering the root / admin password from the console for an E20? I have one which does not want to take the factory reset sequence, though I have now interupted the boot sequence with a console cable and have the SNOOPY> prompt. Thanks.

Joe

Hello,

when you are in SNOOPY> prompt you can do :

setenv othbootargs factoryreset

boot

Once the E20 has booted, the factory reset should be executed.

MinyuVV_14
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

please consult how to recover image for sx20.

I receive the error - Error: "pkgex" not defined

ASTERIX> setenv serverip 192.168.1.1
ASTERIX> setenv tftp_path /
ASTERIX> setenv saturnpkg s52030ce9_5_3.pkg
ASTERIX> run pkgex
## Error: "pkgex" not defined
ASTERIX>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: