Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add "Advanced Networking Option" aka "Dual Network Interface" option to existing VCS Expressway appliance

Hi all,

Can someone advise me an orderable SKU from which I can obtain a permanent Advanced Networking Option for the VCS Expressway?

The customer requires this option yet it was not ordered at the time.

Cheers

Dana

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

According to the Data Sheet,

According to the Data Sheet, you'll need a LIC-VCS-DI.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne,But CCW reports:

Thanks Wayne,

But CCW reports: "Product LIC-VCS-DI cannot be directly added because it is only available as an option for other items. (CS005)"

The other way is a $xxx RRP option on an $xxx RRP new appliance (of which the customer already purchased).

The Advanced Networking option key is a $0 line item of the Expressway Mobile Remote Access (MRA) that is included with CUWL licensing on UC 9.x or greater with a valid UCSS and ESW Contract (of which this customer does have).

Do you have any other thoughts?

Cheers

VIP Purple

Hi Dana,I just tried on CCW

Hi Dana,

I just tried on CCW and get the same message - strange, as you should be able to order it seperately, not just as part of a larger order...

I also thought about trying the new "Expressway-E/C" code (LIC-EXP-AN), but that gives a similar response.

Perhaps a phone call to Cisco directly would be the best path of action for this one (and please report back here when you do find out if it is something different).

Wayne
--

Wayne
--

Hello Dana,You will use the

Hello Dana,

You will use the VCS post sale top level PID/SKU L-VCS-PAK and the corresponding post sale version of the PID/SKU you mentioned above, L-VCS-DI. See below for an example:

1.0 L-VCS-PAK   VCS License PAK PIDs

1.1 L-VCS-DI       VCS Advanced Networking

Also, this would be how you add additional call licenses to an existing VCS.

Regards,
Dustin

VIP Purple

Thanks for confirming Dustin

Thanks for confirming Dustin.

I had the same thought on the drive home last night - you need to order a PAK, then you get the licence as part of that which you can then assign to the serial number of the equipment once you receive it.

Wayne

Wayne
--
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content